- ▢3/4 cup butter softened
- ▢1/2 cup white sugar
- ▢1 cup light brown sugar
- ▢2 eggs
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ▢1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour *
- ▢1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
* Alternative Gluten-Free Ingredients
- ▢1 cup brown rice flour
- ▢1/2 cup tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugars and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth again.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Gradually add them to the wet ingredients, half at a time. Stir until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Using a medium-size scoop for larger cookies or a rounded tablespoon for small cookies, drop the dough onto a large baking sheet lined with a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven before the cookies are browned and when they still look soft, but not wet in the center. Let the cookies cool on the tray for at least 5 minutes; this will allow them to finish baking without overcooking.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and then store in an airtight container. The cookies will keep well for several days. Enjoy!
Calories: 130kcal · Carbohydrates: 19g · Protein: 2g · Fat: 5g · Saturated Fat: 3g · Trans Fat: 1g · Cholesterol: 18mg · Sodium: 96mg · Potassium: 38mg · Fiber: 1g · Sugar: 11g · Vitamin A: 131IU · Vitamin C: 1mg · Calcium: 17mg · Iron: 1mg