- ▢1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- ▢1 tbsp baking powder
- ▢1 tbsp sugar
- ▢1/2 tsp salt
- ▢1 egg
- ▢1 cup, plus 2 tbsp milk
- ▢2 tbsp butter melted and cooled
- Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside. Combine wet ingredients and then add dry ingredients, whisking until fully combined.
- Pour onto hot griddle and flip when lightly browned on the bottom. I like to keep the finished pancakes warm in a basket lined with a tea towel, until we are ready to eat.
- Serve with plenty of butter and maple syrup, or with fruit and whipped cream, or with peanut butter and maple syrup, or with peanut butter and jelly as a sandwich. Enjoy!
FREEZER MEAL: Let the pancakes cool completely, before storing them in an airtight ziploc bag. Reheat the frozen pancakes in the microwave. I frequently triple this recipe for my family, so that we’ll have plenty in the freezer for easy breakfasts.
Calories: 87kcal · Carbohydrates: 12g · Protein: 2g · Fat: 3g · Saturated Fat: 2g · Cholesterol: 21mg · Sodium: 129mg · Potassium: 147mg · Fiber: 1g · Sugar: 2g · Vitamin A: 112IU · Calcium: 70mg · Iron: 1mg