Classic sandwich made with a combination of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, and rye bread.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 slices of deli rye swirl bread
- 3 tbsp Thousand Island dressing
- 6 oz corned beef sliced thinly
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut liquid squeezed out
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium-low heat. Melt butter in the pan and spread it around evenly.
- Place slices of bread in the pan and spread Thousand island dressing on both slices.
- Squeeze liquid from sauerkraut and spread it on one slice of bread. Place two slices of Swiss cheese on the other slice of bread.
- Layer corned beef over cheese evenly. Let the bread crisp and ingredients heat up. Once cheese is melted, use a spatula to carefully place one slice over the other to close the sandwich.
- Cook for a couple more minutes on both sides, until bread is golden. Press gently.
- Take the sandwich out of the pan, cut in half, and serve right away.
Calories: 840kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 69g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 2939mg | Potassium: 660mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 51.2mg | Calcium: 466mg | Iron: 4mg