2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs divided
1 stick butter melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 cup powdered sugar
16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
for the blueberry layer ( homemade blueberry filling)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
for the blueberry layer ( canned blueberry filling)
21 oz blueberry pie filling can
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Firmly press into a crust in the bottom of 9 x 13 glass or porcelain dish, let it chill in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, if making the blueberry filling, In a saucepan whisk water, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice until the cornstarch is dissolved, then add the berries and bring to a simmer over medium to medium-high heat.
- With a potato masher (or the back of a spoon) mash the berries to your desired consistency.
- Allow the mashed berry mixture to simmer for another minute (so that it simmers for a total of 2-3 minutes), until it is glossy and thickened, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread onto the cooled graham cracker crust. Carefully, spread the blueberry pie filling (homemade or canned) on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Sprinkle with reserved graham cracker crumbs (you may not use it all), before serving.