Years ago, I came across this delectable recipe for Lemon Pound Cake, which I have since tweaked to my taste. I like the velvety texture of the cake, as well as the sweetness of the pound cake, which is rich in texture and topped with a tangy and zesty lemon glaze. Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake is one of my all-time favorite pound cake recipes, and this one is no exception.
This lemon cream cheese pound cake is thick, but it’s also moist and tender thanks to the cream cheese frosting. It has a creamy, buttery taste that is balanced off by the tanginess of the fresh citrus and cream cheese used in the recipe. Aside from that, pound cakes are one of the simplest desserts to prepare and serve!
Once you see how simple this pound cake is to make, you may want to experiment with a few other flavors. A pound peach cake and an orange pound cake are also excellent springtime mainstays, while a pound pecan cake evokes nostalgic thoughts of porches wrapped around porches perfumed with honeysuckle and other fragrant flowers.
You’ll be hooked in no time, and if there’s any leftover, put it in the fridge because there’s something magical about this dish that happens after it’s been sitting in the fridge overnight. Don’t take my word for it, just test it for yourself! Let’s get started!
TO MAKE THIS HEAVENLY POUND CAKE, YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
– 3 soft Sticks.Of Butter.
– 3 Cups.Of White Sugar.
– A Softened Cream Cheese tub, I used the medium one of 8-ounces.
– 6 large whole Eggs.
– A dash of Salt.
– 2 small spoons.of Vanilla extract.
– 2 large spoons.Of Lemon Juice.
– 2 large spoons.Of Lemon Zest.
– Approx. three Cups.Of cake Flour.
– Step 1: You need to prepare the oven first, turn its temp. to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or coat it with Crisco and sprinkle it with flour before baking. This recipe will provide enough batter to cover two loaf pans or one Bundt pan.
– Step 2: Secondly, you need to cream the butter with white sugar together until light and fluffy. When I make my butter and sugar, I prefer to beat them until they are light and fluffy. It just aids in the baking of this cake, in my opinion.
– Step 3: Stir in the softened cream cheese, allowing the cream cheese to cream with the butter and sugar mixture until well incorporated.
– Step 4: It is important that you add the eggs one at a time. Because the eggs will alter the consistency of the mixture very quickly, add them one at a time and fully integrate them into the mixture before adding additional eggs.
– Step 5:To finish, add vanilla, salt, lemon juice, and zest (if using), and stir well.
– Step 6: Add the all-purpose flour towards the end. If you’re using a hand mixer, it’s better to add the flour a bit at a time to avoid overmixing. I’ve been pampered with my Bosch mixer, which is able to handle everything at once.
– Step 7: Pour the batter into a Bundt pan. Do not forget to spray or Crisco grease your pans before you begin baking and then sprinkle with flour.
– Step 8: Bake for 60 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Check the doneness of the pound cake by putting a toothpick into the middle of the cake.
– Step 9: Remove the cake from the pan and set it aside to cool for a couple of minutes before serving. Place a plate on top of the pan and carefully turn the cake out onto the platter.
TRY THIS LEMON CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE! AND ENJOY EVERY PART OF IT!!