Oreo Truffles are made with just five. A fudgy chocolate filling with cookie crumbs and white chocolate shells!
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor. Pulse until they have been pulverized into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or in a large bowl using an electric mixer), beat cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of your cookie crumbs and add the remaining crumbs in with the cream cheese. Add vanilla extract and stir all ingredients until well-combined.
- Scoop Oreo mixture by 1 ½ tablespoon and drop onto wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Place in freezer and chill for 15 minutes.
- Place your dark chocolate melting wafers in one small bowl and your white chocolate in another. Prepare according to instructions on packaging, heating until melted.
- Retrieve your Oreo balls from the freezer and dip truffles in chocolate, dipping half of the truffles in dark chocolate and half in the white chocolate.* Immediately after dipping each truffle, sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Allow chocolate to harden before serving truffles. Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*My preferred technique for covering the Oreo truffles in chocolate is to balance the truffle on the width of a butter-knife blade, use a spoon to ladle chocolate evenly over the tops and sides, and then use another knife to slide the truffle back onto the wax paper.