The Beef Zucchini Enchiladas recipe is for you. It is perfect dinner that you should try once. I believe your whole family will love it so much. It is not only perfect for normal eaters, but also great for those who are on Keto diet
You will be surprised by how easy this recipe is to make. When I initially brainstromed the the idea my main concern was how long it would take to peel the zucchini and roll it into the enchiladas. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I was able to peel the zucchini. You will need a “Y slicer” to create thinly sliced zucchini. I would also suggest to keep the slices relatively thin so they can be rolled easily. Keep in mind the thickness of a traditional tortilla.
And the zucchinni slices roll up so easily too! After you place a spoon full of the beef mixture near the end of the overlapping zucchini slices you just roll up the zucchini around the mixture. Check out my video at the end of the bost to see how simple it really is to slice the zucchinni!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. organic grass fed ground beef
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 c. red enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
How To Make Beef Zucchini Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add organic grass fed ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return skillet to stove then add 1 cup enchilada sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini. Lay out three slices, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of beef mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and beef mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro before serving.