“Get ready for a great meal…. This is a fast version of the restaurant style ginger beef recipes. No need to slice up the meat as you are using ground beef. Serve this over Chinese egg noodles or plain white rice. If gluten intolerant make sure you are using gluten free, black bean sauce, soy sauce and beef soup base.”
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated beef soup base
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (extra-lean)
- 1 tablespoon oil (cooking oil)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
Combine first 7 ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
Combine next 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
Add beef and mix well.
Heat the cooking oil in large frying pan on medium heat.
Add beef mixture and stir.
Cook for about 10 minutes, coarsely breaking up beef, until no longer pink.
Add green pepper and green onion.
Heat and stir for 5 minutes.
Stir black bean sauce mixture and add to beef mixture.
Heat and stir for about 1 minute until boiling and thickened.
Spoon over noodles or rice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 (231.9 g)
- Calories 401.2
- Total Fat – 24 g
- Saturated Fat – 7.5 g
- Cholesterol – 102.1 mg
- Sodium – 602.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber – 1.6 g
- Sugars – 4.6 g
- Protein – 31.6 g
- Calcium – 39.9 mg
- Iron – 3.9 mg
- Vitamin C – 31.2 mg
- Thiamin – 0.1 mg