- ¾ pound trimmed green beans
- 4 chicken breasts – bone-in with skin (this will be about 3 ¼ pounds of chicken)
- 8 small red potatoes – quartered (make sure you use small red potatoes)
- 2 lemons – 1 very thinly sliced and 1 juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil – Divided (1 tablespoon and 5 tablespoons)
Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and 5 tablespoons of olive oil into a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
Put the chicken breasts into the bowl with the olive oil mixture, then toss until well coated.
Cover the bowl, then place it inside the fridge to marinate the chicken for 12 to 24 hours.
Remove the chicken from the bowl. Coat the veggies as well.
Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a cast-iron skillet and swirl it around.
Add the lemon slices into the prepared skillet and arrange them in a single layer.
Add the veggies over the lemon slices and arrange them in a single layer as well. Place chicken over the veggies.
Pour the marinade on top of the chicken.
Cover the skillet, then place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Remove the cover and roast for another 20 minutes or until done.
Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate. Bake the potatoes and beans for another 10 minutes.
Serve the chicken with the veggies. Enjoy!
Feel free to use chicken thighs for this recipe instead of chicken breasts. I highly suggest you marinate the chicken for a couple of hours for the best flavors!No tags for this post.