BOILED OR ROASTED PUMPKIN PUREE
- 4-6 pound pumpkin (2-4 kilos)
BOILED PUMPKIN PUREE
- Clean and chop pumpkin into 1-2 inch size pieces, place in large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, continue on a low boil until tender.
- Drain and place in a blender, blend until smooth. Use in sweet or savory dishes. Place unused puree in glass or plastic containers and refrigerate for up to 7 days or several months in the freezer. Enjoy!
ROASTED PUMPKIN PUREE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, then slice the pumpkin in half, be sure to cut crosswise through the stem then scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Place the halves, cut-side down, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast uncovered, for approximately 40-60 minutes, or until tender. Let cool.
- Roasted Pumpkin is already soft so you can mash it with a fork or puree it in a blender or food processor.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 4624mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 115775IU | Vitamin C: 122.4mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 10.9mg