Back to Top
- 1 bone-in spiral sliced ham (6 to 8 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Trim ham as necessary and place in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter and honey, then rub over ham, pushing mixture into slices. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, preheat oven broiler on high and line a roasting pan with foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, garlic powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, paprika, and salt. Press half of the mixture into the top of the ham.
- Broil until bubbly and caramelized, about 3 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Add remaining sugar mixture to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the ham liquid from the slow cooker (or water). Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Let boil 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Brush glaze over ham, then broil once more briefly, just 1-2 minutes.
- Let ham rest at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!