These Millionaire Bars Have A Perfectly Crumbly Crust, An Ooey Gooey Caramel Middle, And A Thin Layer Of Delicious Semi-Sweet Chocolate On Top. They Definitely
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3.5 oz milk chocolate finely chopped, or semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in your flour mixture until just incorporated. Spread into an 8 x 8″ baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- For the filling, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally, until smooth and the butter is melted. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens a bit and turns amber color. Spread over the shortbread layer and let cool completely. Once cooled, let set in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- For the chocolate glaze, heat butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan until melted. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until melted. Immediately pour over the condensed milk layer. Cool completely and chill for a few hours before cutting into squares.