- ▢1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ▢2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ▢1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ▢7 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ▢3 to 4 drops food coloring, optional
- Place cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in peppermint extract.
- Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Add remaining powdered sugar 2 cups at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in food coloring if using.
- Transfer to a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Pipe onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Let sit on counter for 1 hour and then place in freezer to harden.