Decrease Serving8Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 8 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ears corn on the cob, unhusked
- 3 quarts cold water, or as needed to cover
- Step 1Cream butter in a bowl until smooth; mix in cilantro, lime juice, and cayenne pepper until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Step 2Peel husks back from ears of corn starting at the top, leaving the husks attached at the bottom of the ears. Remove all the corn silk and close husks over the ears again. Cover corn ears with cold water in a large bowl until husks are thoroughly soaked, about 20 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Step 4Place the corn in husks onto the hot grate and grill covered until husks are charred and the corn kernels are tender, 20 to 25 minutes, turning often. Strip off husks and serve corn with cilantro lime butter.