Back to Top
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 oz) can white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pesto, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot on medium-high. Add onion, leeks, celery, and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 8 minutes, lowering the heat if needed to prevent burning.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring to a simmer, then stir in zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, white beans, and pasta.
- Bring to a simmer again and let cook until vegetables and pasta are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add more stock if desired, stir in basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a dollop of pesto and enjoy!