This delicious version of tomato cucumber salad features the additional bright flavors of lime & mint plus the healthy addition of protein-rich chick peas.
- 1 cup canned, , low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, , diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- zest of one lime, , finely minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper to season
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl, then prepare the dressing.
- To prepare the dressing, simply whisk all of the ingredients together well and pour over the salad ingredients.
- Toss together well and chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, tossing occasionally.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.