- 8 medium red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 1/2″ chunks, cooked until just fork-tender
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy, crumbled, bacon drippings reserved
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 5 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To create the dressing, heat the reserved bacon drippings in skillet over medium heat; add the diced onions, cooking until they are softened and translucent.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; whisk in the water, vinegar, sugar, and flour; season to taste with salt and pepper. Return the skillet to the heat and bring just to a boil; simmer for 1 minute to allow flour to cook, whisking often.
- Remove the dressing from the heat; add the potatoes and bacon, then toss gently to combine. Serve at once.
If made ahead of time, this German potato salad can be reheated in the oven, covered with foil, at 325 degrees for approx. 30-35 minutes.www.ChefAlli.comCourse: Potato Salad, Side DishCuisine: German
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 1045mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 23IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg