Why order takeout orders ? This homemade version is a million times healthier, cheaper, and tastier!
I absolutely love ordering takeaways, especially when I’m tired of my mind and have absolutely no energy to even go to the kitchen. But when I spent $ 10 on fried shrimp fried rice with only 4 shrimp in the entire plate, I knew I had to make a homemade version.
You can substitute shrimp for your favorite protein – chicken, pork, or even tofu to keep it completely vegan. As for the vegetables, I like to use a mixture of onions, corn, peas and carrots, but if you only have more vegetables left in your fridge – feel free to add them too. More the merry, right? And it can be done in as little as 30 minutes – super easy.
* Ingredients :
° Water: 3 cups
° Rice: 1 1/2 cups (medium grain / washed and soaked)
° Vegetable oil: 2 tablespoons
° Onions: 1 piece (finely chopped)
° Red pepper: 1 piece (small cubes, chopped)
° Carrots: 1 piece (large small cubes / peeled and chopped)
° garlic: clove (mashed)
° ground hot pepper: a quarter of a teaspoon
° Green onions: 3 sticks (chopped)
° Soy sauce: 3 tablespoons
° Peas: 1 cup (frozen)
° Sesame oil: 2 tsp
° Peanuts: 1/4 cup (roasted / optional)
* How to prepare :
1. Put the water in a saucepan on the stove and let it boil.
2. Add the rice, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and leave it for 20 minutes until it is done.
3. Warmth Vegetable oil in a big fry pan on medium heat.
4. Add the onion, red pepper, carrots, garlic and crushed hot pepper and stir for 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
5. Raise the gas temperature, then add the rice and stir.
6. Adding green onions/ soy sauce / salt also pepper, and stirring .
7. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir, then leave the mixture for 3 minutes on the stove.
8. Remove pot from heat also spread sesame oil & roasted peanuts.
9. Serving hot with chicken , as desired.