There are times when you really want a pie, but you really don’t want to take the trouble of making a pie crust. Chopping butter into cubes, putting a regular spoonful of ice water, and flour all over the counters while you roll out the dough with a rolling pin … some days it feels meditative and other days it just feels like a hassle.
Well, that fuss-free veneer is never a problem. There is no rolling, no slicing, and it cooks beautifully.
Yes, you heard that right. Not rolling!
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together: flour, oil, cold water (no ice required), baking powder and salt, then press the dough into the pie dish. You can press them with your hands or with a flat bottom glass; It only takes a few moments.
It’s the complete convenience of store-bought peel, but you have control over the ingredients.
For example, you can use any oil you want! Peanuts, olives, avocado, canola … Everything works. It comes out surprisingly thin and flaky.
This is enough to make a single 9 inch pie, and if you need to bake it blindly, just make sure to punch holes in it first with a fork to keep it from swelling too much. If you need a crust, you can double this recipe and simply tear small pieces of dough for the second crust, and scatter them across the top of the pie as a kind of topping.
* Ingredients :
° 2 cups all-purpose flour
° 1/2 cup oil of your choice
° 3 tablespoons of cold water
° Salt 1/2 tsp
° 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
* Preparation :
1. Grease a 9-inch pastry plate with nonstick spray. Sit aside.
2. In a big bowl, mixing together flour, salt also baking powder.
3. Add oil and water and mix until homogeneous. Pose in the shape of a ball.
4. Press the dough ball into the bottom of the prepared pie dish, and spread it out towards the sides. Using your knuckles or the bottom of a cup, push it evenly across the bottom and top of the plate.
5. Curl or flatten the top edges with the teeth of a fork, fill them with your favorite filling, and bake according to the pie instructions.
Adapted from The Country Cook
Please note that it is better to prepare some meals from time to time due to some ingredients such as meat, cheese, lots of sugar and fats … etc.
Eating meals with these ingredients all the time can harm your health. “