- Ground pork 1 lb
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oils
- 1 small, thinly sliced green cabbage
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion plus additional for garnish
Cook the ground pork in a large Dutch oven or stock pot on medium heat until it is browned.
In a large pot, heat olive oil and add onion and carrot. Once they are softened, saute them for 8-10 minutes or until translucent. Next, add garlic and ginger, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Season generously with salt, and pepper, and then mix in sesame oil.
Bring the mixture to boil with the pork, chicken broth, and cabbage. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage becomes tender.
Adjust seasoning as necessary, then heat and garnish with green onions.