Back to Top
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 links chicken andouille sausage
- 1 1/4 cups diced green pepper
- 1 1/4 cups diced celery
- 1 1/4 cups diced onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 14 oz can canned tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice or white rice
- 1/2 lb peeled and deveinved shrimp. (Any medium or large size works great)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- green onion for garnish
- Heat a large skillet to a medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add sausage and cook until brown on both sides.
- Drizzle in remaining tablespoon of olive oil along with green pepper, celelry, onion, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce the heat to medium and saute until veggies are slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste. Stir and cooke for 1 minute. Pour in canned tomatoes, chicken stock, remaining salt, smoked paprika, oregano, bay leaves, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, adn rice. Stir to combine everything. Bring the mixture until to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is cooked all the way through, 15-20 minutes.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. When the rice is done, add the chicken and shrimp. Stir and then cover. Cook another 4-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through and pink.
- Season dish with salt and pepper. Garnish with sliced green onion.