- 3 slices thick cut bacon cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz fully cooked smoked turkey or kielbasa sausage sliced
- 1 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp seasoned salt [more or less to your taste]
- ¼ tsp fennel seed
- 2 cups 1″ cubed Yukon gold/red potatoes
- 1 3 lb head cabbage cut into 1″ pieces
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley or cilantro
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp, then remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Reserve 4 Tbsp drippings in pan.
- Add oil and sliced smoked sausages to the pan drippings. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until the sausage slices are beginning to brown.
- Add chopped green onions, minced garlic, pepper flakes, seasoned salt and fennel seed. Cook for around 1-2 minutes just until fragrant.
- Top with potatoes and cabbage. Pour chicken stock and cider vinegar over cabbage. Season with black pepper to your taste.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and the cabbage is cooked through, stir occasionally.
- Uncover, and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook uncovered until the pan juices have evaporated and the cabbage is beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir well, taste and adjust salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley or cilantro and top with crumbled bacon.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 623kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1591mg | Potassium: 854mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg