This Easy Chocolate Torte recipe is the perfect addition to the recipe boxes of all chocolate lovers. It is full of rich, fudgy, decadent, dark chocolate flavor!
- 8 ounces (226g) unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ice cream and chocolate sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously grease a 9-inch cake pan or springform pan.* Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at half power in 30-second increments until the butter has melted and the chocolate melts when stirred. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Add the flour and salt, and mix until combined. Add the chocolate mixture, and mix until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan or serving. If using a springform pan, remove the sides of the pan after the cake has cooled. For either pan, flip the cooled cake onto a wire rack, remove the parchment paper, and then flip the cake again onto another rack or a serving plate.
- If desired, serve cake slices with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
*This cake can be a bit stubborn to remove from a cake pan. A springform pan will make serving easier.