- ▢½ cup all purpose flour *
- ▢¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons dutch process cocoa
- ▢½ teaspoon baking soda
- ▢¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢¼ cup butter softened
- ▢½ cup light brown sugar
- ▢⅓ cup sugar
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla
- ▢1 egg
- ▢½ cup dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ▢⅓ – ½ cup toffee bits
* Gluten-Free Alternative Ingredients
- ▢¼ cup brown rice flour
- ▢¼ cup tapioca starch
- ▢2 tablespoons potato starch
- ▢⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat again just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits. Chill the dough 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Scoop the dough by tablespoons onto the baking sheet, leaving at least 2″ in between the cookies. Return the remaining dough to the refrigerator in between batches.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, only until they begin to crisp on the edges and they look just a tiny bit gooey still in the center. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Calories: 88kcal · Carbohydrates: 13g · Protein: 1g · Fat: 4g · Saturated Fat: 2g · Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g · Monounsaturated Fat: 1g · Trans Fat: 1g · Cholesterol: 16mg · Sodium: 73mg · Potassium: 14mg · Fiber: 1g · Sugar: 11g · Vitamin A: 107IU · Vitamin C: 1mg · Calcium: 7mg · Iron: 1mg