These savory & crispy keto cheddar chaffles are perfect for making sandwiches, dipping in soup, eating with a salad or served as a side dish with just about any meal. They are also incredibly quick and easy to make in your mini waffle maker with just 3 simple ingredients: almond flour, cheddar cheese and an egg.Keyword: 3 ingredients, almond flour, chaffles, cheddar, crispy, keto, low carb, mini waffle maker, savoryServings: 2 chaffles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for putting on the griddle)
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat your waffle maker (a mini waffle maker works best but any waffle maker will work).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cheese, almond flour and egg until well combined.
- Once your waffle maker is hot, evenly sprinkle a little cheddar cheese directly onto the griddle.
- Pour half of the chaffle batter in and then sprinkle the top with more cheese; close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the automatic timer goes off. Repeat for next chaffle.
Feel free to flavor the chaffle batter to your liking with garlic powder, onion powder, diced jalapeños, Italian seasoning, cayenne or anything else you’d like.