Back to Top
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (8.5-ounce) boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream style corn
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Add the vegetable oil to a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the skillet in the oven while it preheats.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, eggs, corn, buttermilk, and butter.
- Once the oven has preheated, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Pour the batter into the skillet being cautious not to splatter the hot oil out. Return the skillet to the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the cornbread is set, golden brown, and just starting to pull away from the edges of the skillet. Serve warm.