Needing an idea on what to make with your leftover pulled pork? These Leftover Pulled Pork Sausage Rolls are a perfect and easy recipe that everyone is sure to love!
- 5 oz pulled pork leftovers, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 9oz puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- flour (for work surface)
- caraway seeds, for serving
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Put 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a pan and sauté 1 finely chopped red onion over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Remove onion to a bowl and cool a little.
- Put shredded pulled pork into a food processor with cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp parsley and the cooked onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse three or four times to chop the mixture.
- Lightly flour a clean worksurface and roll out puff pastry until it measures 10″ x 10″. Cut down the middle to make two rectangles, each measuring 10″ x 5″. Divide the pork mixture in half and spoon it in a long strip down the middle of each.
- Brush beaten egg round the edge of each one. Roll the pastry over the top and seal the side where the pastry meets with a fork. Trim the ends, then cut each in half and slash twice. Brush again with beaten egg then sprinkle over caraway seeds, if you like. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and crisp.