Decrease Serving8Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 8 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- ½ cup German sweet chocolate, grated
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup German sweet chocolate, grated
- Step 1In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract.
- Step 2In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ground pecans, 1/2 cup ground chocolate, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Step 3Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Step 4Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Step 5Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Step 6Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until the cookies are firm to the touch. Cool 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Step 7For the coating, sift 1/2 cup of the confectioner’s sugar and 1/4 cup of the ground cocoa into a shallow bowl. While cookies are still warm, roll them in the coating.