These chocolate caramel pretzel bars are soooo good. And you only need 4 ingredients — so they’re really easy to make! The sweet chocolate and caramel goes so perfectly with the salty crunch of the pretzels. Yum!
Have you heard of Christmas crack? It’s a super popular recipe that tends to fly around Facebook at Christmas time. And it’s pretty much exactly what we’ve made here, except I used pretzels instead. And it tastes SO GOOD. I made the original recipe a few years ago for Valentine’s Day using saltine crackers and it was amazing. I’ve also seen it made with Ritz crackers.
Any time you mix together butter and sugar, you really can’t go wrong. I’m not sure if we can officially call the mixture caramel, but whatever it is it’s DELICIOUS! You simmer it for a few minutes into this golden, bubbly caramel (caramel can’t be this easy??), then you drizzle it over top of your pretzels. So. Good.
- 4 cups pretzels (MINI PRETZEL TWISTS)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar PACKED
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the pretzels onto the baking sheet in a single layer until it’s completely covered.
- In a small pot, melt the butter and sugar over medium low heat. Bring it to a boil, then continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the bubbly mixture evenly over the pretzels. The caramel mixture will even out when it bakes, so don’t worry if you missed some spots.
- Bake it at 325F for 8 to 10 minutes until the caramel is fully bubbling on the entire sheet.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven then sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over top. Return the baking sheet to the oven for another 1 to 2 minutes to soften the chocolate chips.
- Use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly. Then place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pretzel bars from the baking sheet and peel off the aluminum foil. Break it apart or cut it into squares with a large knife.