- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon peel, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- In a large bowl, marinate chicken in soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add water, vinegar, honey, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cut into strips. In a gallon-size plastic bag, add 1/3 cup cornstarch and chicken pieces and shake until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Fry chicken pieces until crispy, about 12 minutes. Remove from oil and place on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon sauce over top.
Yield4Serving Size1 chicken breastAmount Per ServingCalories480Total Fat18gSaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat15gCholesterol102mgSodium829mgCarbohydrates41gFiber1gSugar35gProtein38g