These Korean Style Beef Tacos are the perfect sweet and sour, tasty, speedy dinner to delight your taste buds any day of the week.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces flank steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato, chopped-optional
Quick Pickled Cabbage Recipe:
- 3 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chile paste
- 1 small onion, chopped-optional
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add steak to dish; cover. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes (can marinate longer, if so desired).
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare Quick Pickled Cabbage Recipe. Place cabbage in a medium bowl with garlic. Bring vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and chile paste to a boil. Add onion, if you are using one. Pour hot vinegar mixture over cabbage; toss. Let stand at least 30 minutes (I refrigerated it, magazine didn’t specify).
- Remove steak from marinade, and discard marinade. Thread steak onto 8 (8-inch) skewers; sprinkle with salt (I just grilled the slices without the skewers). Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Grill tortillas 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred; keep warm. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide steak evenly among tortillas. Divide the Quick Pickled Cabbage evenly among tacos; sprinkle with green onions and tomato (if using).