- 1cup sugar
- 3/4cup shortening
- 2tablespoons milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 1cup chopped dates
- 1/3cup chopped maraschino cherries, patted dry with paper towels
- 1 1/2cups coarsely crushed corn flakes cereal
- 15maraschino cherries, quartered
Prevent your screen from going dark while you cook.
- 1In large bowl, beat sugar and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well blended. Beat in milk, vanilla and eggs. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, scraping bowl occasionally, until dough forms. Stir in pecans, dates and 1/3 cup chopped cherries. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes for easier handling.
- 2Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into cereal; coat thoroughly. Shape into balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Lightly press maraschino cherry quarter into top of each ball.
- 3Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.