Back to Top
- ½ Large head of cabbage chopped
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- ½ C. Uncooked rice
- ½ Large onion chopped
- 15 oz. Can tomato sauce
- 15 oz. Beef broth
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the meat in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic into the meat during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain any excess fat.
- Mix together the cabbage, onion, rice, tomato sauce, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir the meat into the cabbage mixture.
- Layer the cabbage and meat mixture in the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove, stir, and cover again. Bake for an additional 15-30 minutes until the cabbage is tender and rice is cooked through.