- 12 oz. Bag chocolate chips 300 grams
- 12 oz. Bag of white chocolate chips 300 grams
- 8 peppermint candy canes crushed
- Break apart candy canes. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler, add chocolate chips and stir occasionally with a spatula until chocolate is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a 9 x 12-inch cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Once again, using the double boiler (after washing the chocolate out) melt the white chocolate chips.
- Pour directly over the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Place cookie sheet into freezer for 5 minutes or until hardened.
- Break candy apart and place in a festive dish.
HOW TO CRUSH CANDY CANESHow to easily crush candy canes? To get small crushed pieces of candy cane, I put them in a Ziplock freezer bag and crush it with the flat side of a meat tenderizer, a rolling pin, a hammer, or a rubber mallet. Put the closed bag on a cutting board and top the bag with a towel. Smash the bag until you reach your desired coarseness.INGREDIENT VARIATIONSYou can use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips
Calories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 2gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 31mgPotassium: 81mgFiber: 1gSugar: 32gVitamin A: 9IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 1mg