Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake will be your new favorite coffee cake recipe! Soft and moist cake topped with cream cheese, fresh blueberries and buttery, crunchy streusel topping is perfect way to start a day!
For Cream Cheese Layer:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries
For the cake:
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5.5 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter-chilled and cut in chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the filling: Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium-low speed until creamy. Add egg white and mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter: In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar on medium-low speed. Add egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup blueberries. Spread the cream cheese filling on top. Place remaining blueberries over cream cheese filling.
- To make the topping: Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly (Make sure the streusel is in pea-sized crumbs)
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of blueberries and bake for 40-45 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If it starts browning too much, tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool on a rack, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring of springform pan.
- Store in the fridge.