Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes are a delicious and easy fall dessert recipe with fresh apples, cinnamon sugar, refrigerated crescent roll dough and maple glaze. Making these gooey apple cinnamon rolls takes less than 30 minutes!
- 1 (8 oz.) tube of refrigerated crescent rolls or crescent dough sheet
- 1 medium apple- small diced
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter-melted (divided)
- 1/3 cup sugar (you can use half light brown sugar and half white granulated sugar)
- cinnamon-to taste ( I added about 3/4 teaspoon)
For the Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. milk-or more to reach desired consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside. You’ll have 8 rolls.
- On a sheet of parchment paper unroll crescent dough sheet. If using crescent rolls, seal the perforation to make large rectangle. Brush the dough with about 2 Tbsp. melted butter (reserve remaining butter for later use).
- Stir together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over melted butter. Scatter diced apples on top.
- Beginning on the long side of the rectangle, roll the dough into a log.
- Slice the log in 8 (1 ½ inch)pieces. Arrange pieces in paper liners.
- Brush the top with melted butter and bake until golden brown (about 15min). If it starts browning too quickly, tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Stir together glaze ingredients and spoon over slightly cooled cupcakes.