Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are deliciously chewy and chocolatey
- 1 & 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/4 cups (124g) oats
- 2/3 cup (133g) firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup (170g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line or grease 18 standard muffin cups.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, cooled butter, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into the well in the flour mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Stir in the bananas and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, using about 3 tablespoons of batter per cup.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins are browned and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.