Looking for easy baked chicken recipes? Well, go no further than this Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken! What’s great about this recipe? It uses basic ingredients that just about everybody loves! Everything is baked together in one casserole dish. Chicken and 2 kinds of cheese. Try it and see for yourself! This chicken bake is low carb, high fat, KETO friendly, gluten free recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half, horizontally)
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz cream cheese , cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
- 8 strips bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. I used the the oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Note about chicken: use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large thick chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally each to make 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Top with cream cheese. Cream cheese should be cold, right out of the fridge, sliced into 8 thin slices.
- Top with chopped cooked bacon (drained from fat).
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.