- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place first 8 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring slowly to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, corn and butter. Cook, uncovered, until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1-1/3 cups: 201 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.