- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), skin removed and cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup mango salsa
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer chicken and drippings to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the corn, spinach, edamame and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, salsa and ginger; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; cut or shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Return meat to slow cooker.
- Just before serving, stir in mango and lime juice. Sprinkle servings with green onions.
1 serving: 338 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.