The BEST Vegan banana bread that bakes up so fluffy & golden with moist cracks and crevices! Full of extra banana flavor with hints of cinnamon and vanilla.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar (use your favorite vegan brand of cane sugar)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (use your favorite vegan brand of cane sugar)
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter ( I used Earth Balance) (softened enough to stir with a spoon but not melted)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup Original almond milk ( I used Silk) (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups ripe bananas, mashed until thick and creamy (about 3-4 large bananas)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a dark loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 5 dry ingredients until combined.
- Next whisk in the granulated and brown sugar
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add remaining ingredients, except bananas to the well.
- Using a rubber spatula stir together just until flour is incorporated. Do not over stir.
- Fold in mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (You may need more or less time. Check on it at the 1-hour mark)
- Remove from oven and brush the top of the bread with vegan butter if desired. Once the pan is cool enough to touch, remove bread from the pan and allow it to cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve warm or room temperature.