- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups Vegenaise vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons diced jalapeños canned or jar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic I used the jar of minced garlic + some of the juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt sea salt or smoked salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers finely diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers finely diced
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1/4- 1/2 cup veggie bacon bits optional
- Cook pasta according to package in lightly salted water (Make sure water tastes kinda salty. This will help season the pasta) until slightly under al dente (I boiled for 6 minutes)
- Drain and place in the fridge until cold (I do not rinse)
- To make the dressing, in a large bowl add veganaise, mustard, jalapeños, garlic, black pepper, salt, sugar, and Italian seasoning until combined. ( You can blend if you want for a stronger jalapeño taste. Refrigerate dressing overnight for best results)
- When pasta is cool, toss pasta with remaining vegetables, dressing, and veggie bacon bits if using.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve cold and stir before serving.
This is really good with veggie bacon bites!If you are worried about the pasta absorbing too much of the sauce, you can refrigerate the sauce and the pasta mixed with the veggies separately and then mix it all together when you are ready to serve it.