You know the Mexican rice that you get as a side dish with every entree that you order at every Mexican restaurant, that light, fluffy, and slightly salty with a little bit of smoky flavor to it With a rich tomato base and just the right amount of jalapeños, tomatoes, and corn it’s the best Mexican Rice ever! well, this is the recipe for that. so without further do let me show you how it’s done.
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn (frozen, fresh or canned and drained)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups long-grain jasmine rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1–3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Mexican Seasoning Blend (recipe below)
1 ) Warm the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Once you can feel the heat when you hold your hand 6 inches above the skillet, add the onion and jalapeños to the pan and cook until the onions begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2 ) Add the garlic and stir. Continue cooking for 30 seconds.
Add the rice and stir until it is well coated in the oil. Cook until the rice starts to brown, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.