6 large hard boiled eggs
3/4 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp minced shallots
1 1/2 tsp chives
1/4 cup minced celery
pinch celery salt
1/4-1/3 cup mayonnaise NOT miracle whip
salt & pepper to taste
4 croissant rolls cut in half , sandwich style
- Add the eggs to a medium sized mixing bowl, and roughly chop them.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the croissants, to the bowl and stir everything together until evenly combined.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Cover the dish tightly with cling wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, you can serve the egg salad in a decorative bowl with the prepared croissants on the side so people can serve themselves OR add 1/2 cup of egg salad to one half of each roll, gently spreading out evenly. Top with their other halves, and serve immediately.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 324mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg