Taco Chili cooks in one pot on the stove! Ground beef, veggies, beans, and tomatoes simmer in a seasoned beef broth tomato base. The secret ingredient of cocoa powder makes this chili the best! Top with tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef I use 93/7
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans drained & rinsed
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and salt. Stir together and let soften for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Crumble the ground beef as you cook it until it’s no longer pink. Drain the excess grease and moisture.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the pot and stir together. Bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips or chips.
I use baby carrots in this recipe. No need to peel them and they are already small in size so all you have to do is slice them thin!For the garlic you can fresh garlic that you mince or press. Use chopped garlic from a jar. Or use garlic paste from the tube. Either one will work fine. This recipe has been tested wit full salt beef broth which is what the recipe calls for. If you use reduced-sodium broth you will have to taste and add salt as necessary.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 911mg | Potassium: 1078mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3352IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 5mg