- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 large onion, chopped and sauteed
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ckopped parsley we use these herb shears
- Chop and sautee onion with a little oil. Set aside to cool.
- In a large boxl oxo makes the best bowl setmix ground beef, almond flour, eggs, chopped parseley
- Add the onions and mix again
- With about 2/3 – 3/4 of the meat mixture, line a glass loaf pan, forming a cavity in the middle. Try to keep the edges even.
- Line the cavity with half the cheese slices (4-6)
- Top with the remaining meat mixture to cover the cavity / cheese
- Add the remaining cheese slices to the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes
- Take off the foil top and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges brown.
- Drain excess grease in pan before removing the meatloaf.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving
Ingredients are calculated based on the information provided and are an estimate. Use an app like My Fitness Pro to calculate nutritional information for your specific ingredients.
Yield8Serving Size1 sliceAmount Per ServingCalories471Total Fat32gSaturated Fat13gTrans Fat1gUnsaturated Fat15gCholesterol167mgSodium407mgCarbohydrates3gFiber1gSugar1gProtein41g