- 2½ pounds chicken tenders
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Franks hot sauce
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- In another mixing bowl beat the eggs and water together with a fork.
- Set aside.
- In a medium pan add 2 Tablespoons oil and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and then add the honey, soy sauce, pepper, and Franks hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
TO COOK CHICKEN:
- In a large skillet pour oil ½ inch deep and heat oil over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken then dredge each strip in the flour mixture.
- Then take the chicken and coat it in the egg wash.
- Finally dip the chicken back into the flour mixture and using tongs place in the heated oil.
- Brown the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.
- (Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken tenders.)
- Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Coat chicken in honey sauce and serve immediately.