When it comes to desserts this Southern Banana Pudding is a classic and easy recipe that is completely homemade, feeds a crowd and is super addicting!
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 Tbs butter
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large bananas sliced
- 1 container whipped topping or homemade
- 1 large box vanilla wafers reserve 1/2 cup crushed wafers for topping
- In sauce pan mix together your milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, egg and egg yolk.
- Heat on medium whisking almost continuously until bubbly and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in your butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- Cover with Saran Wrap pressing the wrap onto top of pudding to prevent film from forming and place in refrigerator and let cool to room temp.
- Once cooled in a 9″x13″ baking dish layer 1/2 box of vanilla wafers and then layer with 1 1/2 of your bananas.
- Spoon 1/2 of your pudding mixture over the top then continue layers one more time. Finish your layers with sliced bananas then top with whipped topping and crushed vanilla wafers.
- Place in fridge at least 2-3 hours before serving.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 0.5mg