Back to Top
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas (about 2 cups mashed)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch loaf pans with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add in bananas. Mix until creamy. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until combined. Fold in the sour cream until blended.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans evenly.
- Bake for one hour, remove and cool in pans ten minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Sour cream can be substituted with full fat yogurt in banana bread. Avoid choosing a flavored or sweetened yogurt as it will affect the texture and taste of your bread.
- Pans: For our recipe, we use 9×5-inch loaf pans. If using a different size pan, adjust the bake time accordingly.
- Can you freeze banana bread? Yes! Wrap cooled banana bread in plastic wrap or foil, then slide into a ziploc freezer bag. Store for up to three months. Thaw on counter (in bag) overnight.