In this post we’re making Smoked neck bones with potatoes. My mother used to make this dish as a main dish when I was younger, and she would serve it along with cornbread. During the holidays, or for Sunday dinner, I serve this as a side dish.
This recipe is super easy. It has your carbs, your vegetables, and your meat so you are good to go. I highly suggest serving this along with my buttermilk cornbread because the two pair nicely!
Smoked neck bones with potatoes
This flavorful and filling SouthernSmoked neck bones with potatoes recipe is perfect as a main course or a side dish. It’s guaranteed to be a family favorite!
- 1 lb fresh green beans washed and cut
- 1/2 lb ham cubes
- 4 large russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Place the ham and onions into a large pot. Drizzle the vegetable oil into the pot, and turn the heat to medium. Brown the ham, and the onions then pour in the water.
- Turn the heat up to medium high, and let boil for 30 minutes.
- Add in the green beans, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, then add in the potatoes.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender.